At Valley® Irrigation, our mission is to provide you with the most durable irrigation supplies in the industry. That’s why Valley is the only center pivot company that produces its own gearboxes. The industry-leading Valley gearbox is life-tested and quality checked throughout the process to ensure we are constructing the most reliable and structurally sound gearbox available.
- Superior design: Three times the life of competitive gearboxes, based on independent tests.
- Greater torque capacity: Bull gear delivers 20% higher torque capacity, based on independent tests.
- Built-to-last: Longer output shaft increases mud and crop clearance, reducing chance of seal damage.
- Minimizes bearing loads: Special offset rims position tire close to the gearbox to minimize bearing loads for longer life.
- Highest load rating: Input and output bearings are American made and case hardened, resulting in the industry’s highest load rating.
- Handles extreme conditions: Gearbox housing made to handle high-stress areas and extreme operating conditions.
- Additional load capabilities: Bronze bull gear option provides additional load capabilities with hardened steel worm for extreme operating conditions or extended life under less-severe conditions.
|Large-capacity rubber diaphragm
|Expands with heat and pressure to minimize water condensation.
|Input and output bearings
|Case hardened to provide the highest quality and highest load rating available in the industry.
|High-strength ductile iron provides significantly longer wear life than steel when combined with a cast iron bull gear.
|Industry exclusive 25° tooth angle provides 40% longer life and better reliability in tough conditions compared to normal 14 1/2° tooth designs.
|Largest bull gear neck and keyway
|Provides strength in critical load-bearing area.
|Cap made of corrosion-resistant cast aluminum; rubber diaphragm allows oil to expand and contract during operation. Vented cap prevents pressure buildup and prevents seals from leaking.
|Allows accurate bearing preload to increase bearing life.
|52:1 gear ratio
|Fully recessed tooth design keeps oil between engaged gears.
|High-strength cast iron provides the highest load capacity and longest life in the industry. Optional bronze gear is available for extreme conditions.
|Multi-viscosity gearbox oil
|Exceeds 85w140 GL5 oil for long gear wear under extreme load conditions.